The Covid-19 pandemic has affected all areas of society, and schools are no exception to this. Rockcliffe CE School worked throughout the pandemic offering support to Key Worker children both on-site and at the local hub based at Stanwix School. The school reopened to pupils in selected year groups from June 1st and was at capacity within a few days.
September 2021 sees the school reopening for all children. We have followed all local and national guidance to ensure that all our children are as safe as possible. We contimue to adopt the safety rules that were in place before the end of last term but we will be phasing these out in stages. Why phase out in stages you may ask? Simple, if we do it right we'll only need to do it the once!
Some of the precautions that have been taken are listed below.
- Hand sanitiser points have been installed adjacent to all entrances to the building.
- We have adapted our arrival times and pre-registration start times to ensure that children can come straight into the building, avoiding unnecessary mixing.
- Children will be limited to specific areas of the school and playgrounds to try and limit interactions/mixing.
- Different classes will have different playtimes in separate areas of the school grounds.
- Lunches will be eaten in classrooms from Year 5/6 upwards. Children in other classes will use the hall which has been staggered to avoid classes coming into contact with each other.
- Parents are still not allowed in school. Appointments with staff will need to be made with the school office and these will be carried out through Microsoft Teams.
- Parents will not be allowed in the school grounds in a morning but are allowed to socially distance themselves across the playground/MUGA at the end of the day whilst they wait to collect their children. Gates will be unlocked from 3:10pm.
- Toilets and communal areas will be ‘fogged’ daily (after all staff have left the building) to ensure that all surfaces are clean and infection free. Classrooms will be fogged at a weekend to ensure that they are sanitised for the new school week.
- Parents have been informed that they must follow all relevant guidance if their child is ill or presents any symptoms of Corona-virus. This will included mandatory isolation from school for children who have any symptoms until a clear PCR test is obtained.
This list is not exhaustive. We will be happy to discuss any queries you may have regarding the school's response.
We have changed the entrances into school. Please follow the plan below that shows where your children can safely enter the building. This avoids children mingling together.
For information on the use of Covid-catch up funding please see the information in our Pupil Premium/Covid Catch-Up funding page.
We continue to use a one way system after school. Parents can enter to collect children via the "Postbox" gate and exit via the "MUGA" gate.
Risk assessments were updated in August 2021. These have been added to the website.
Last Update 26/03/21